altara

Saturday, February 11, 2006

WHERE IS AARON BROWN?


I'm sure that media savvy people know the answer. But I don't, even after searching Google. And I miss him. He sounded so contemplative, usually serious but often with a touch of wry.

Now, his place at 10 p.m. on CNN has been taken by Anderson Cooper, a younger newsman with sure star power. Nothing against Anderson Cooper; he is engaging and intelligent, and has great hair. But sometimes the program seems to have taken a turn for the worse.

For decades, we have looked down on local news programs for their constant attention on sensational news - murders, fires, abductions, etc. On some nights, Cooper's show seems to spend forever presenting stories on such events as the murder of a wife and child in Massachusetts, allegedly by the husband. This is a step down from Brown's program, approching the level of local news shows.

So, much as I like Anderson Cooper, I really do miss Aaron Brown, his serious mien and his soothing voice. And that's not just because he made it so easy to drift off into sleep.

1 Comments:

  • I agree with everything you said. Anderson is good but not the same. I hear he is taking time off since CNN is paying off his $1.7M contract..until July 2007. I'm sure at some point, he will surface again. I too, look forward to that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home