altara

Saturday, September 27, 2008

THE DEBATE

Most analysts seem to be calling the first debate between John McCain and Barack Obama a draw, or an Obama win. I think not. I think that McCain won by a small margin, particularly by getting away with condescending remarks that Obama doesn't understand this or that and claims that Obama is too inexperienced to be president.

Obama needs to point out "I do understand and fully understand how you and your party ........" He needs to emphasize that "Your experience brought us years of failed regulation that led to our current financial problems and your strong support of the invasion of Iraq brought us the worst foreign policy disaster in generations."

"I always said that, as commander in chief, I would listen to my generals and adjust my Iraq withdrawal plans to suit any compelling condition on the ground."

Instead of saying John is right, say "I'm glad that John has come around to (or agrees with) my position."

"I'm confident that the American people will welcome a president who has the judgment and temperament to lead this country into a brighter future"

If appropriate, "I'm glad that the senator intends to be bipartisan. As president, I may be asking for his vote from to time"

1 Comments:

  • John McCain has made it clear that if he is elected he will attack Iran for Israel. See this future in the fascinating new historical novel "Clash of the Gods" which is on amazon.com. Sarah Palin, of course, is an Evangeleical who thinks we have to destory all the 'infidels' in the Middle East to make way for the Second Coming.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home