altara

Thursday, April 17, 2008

SUB-ROSA NEWS

Some of the News
That may be True


POPE MEETS WITH BISHOPS

After celebrating his first public Mass in America at Washington Nationals stadium, Pope Benedict XVI met with a group of the leading American Bishops. The main news emanating from this meeting was the Pope's message that at this time there is an unprecedented opportunity for increase in church attendance.

Pope Benedict noted that all across America people in small towns were frustrated with the failure of the U.S. government to respond to their needs and were turning to their traditions and to their churches. Some of these citizens were even bitter. In times like these, there is a return to faith and it is important that the Roman Catholic Churches be welcoming and help those who wish to cling to their religion.

While His Holiness expressed regret at the circumstances that had made these people bitter, he was pleased that religion could provide refuge and comfort


China Issues Olympic Statements

Decrying attacks on the Olympic torch in the cities of London, Paris, and San Francisco, the Chinese Olympic Committee announced that the torch run route would be changed. The torch will now travel to Darfur, the Congo, Basra, and Baghdad before proceeding to Beijing.

In a separate statement, the Committee denied reports that the Olympic gold medals would be 38% lead.


News Corp. May Join Yahoo Bid With Microsoft


Yahoo executives, marketing consultants, and web designers are meeting with Murdoch to consider changes to the Yahoo front page. There is agreement on the masthead:

YAHOO - Honoring the Legacy of George W. Bush

Other entries under consideration are:

The Wall Street Journal (link) - The World's Newspaper

The Iraq Nation - a story of success

The Pat Robertson Page

Television: Fox News - the Really Balanced Network (link)

Politics: The Perfidy of the Democrats.

The Rupert Murdock Story - Pathway to Greatness p


1 Comments:

  • Hey thanks for the great blog, I love this stuff. I've been paying a lot of attention to current events lately and I just realized today is Earth Day. I don’t usually do much for Earth Day but with everyone going green these days, I thought I’d try to do my part.

    I am trying to find easy, simple things I can do to help stop global warming (I don’t plan on buying a hybrid). Has anyone seen that EarthLab.com is promoting their Earth Day (month) challenge, with the goal to get 1 million people to take their carbon footprint test in April?... I took the test, it was easy and only took me about 2 minutes and I am planning on lowering my score with some of their tips.

    I am looking for more easy fun stuff to do. If you know of any other sites worth my time let me know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home